Annual General Meeting of JCDecaux SA on 11 May 2017
Paris, 11 May 2017 - The Combined Annual General Meeting (AGM) of JCDecaux SA (Euronext Paris: DEC) was convened on 11 May 2017.
The AGM approved all the resolutions that were submitted for its vote.
In particular, the AGM:
Following the AGM, the Supervisory Board renewed Mr. Jean-Pierre Decaux's position as Vice Chairman of the Supervisory Board and appointed Ms. Bénédicte Hautefort as member of the Audit Committee.
The Supervisory Board then appointed Mr. Jean-François Decaux as Chairman of the Executive Board and Mr. Jean-Charles Decaux as Chief Executive Officer for one year, in accordance with the principle of alternating the position of Chief Executive Officer within JCDecaux SA.
For commercial and public representation purposes, Mr. Jean-François Decaux and Mr. Jean-Charles Decaux use the title of "Co-Chief Executive Officer" of JCDecaux.
Biography of Ms. Marie-Laure Sauty de Chalon:
Marie-Laure Sauty de Chalon, 54, holds a law degree and is a graduate of Sciences Po Paris.
After a career in various press and television advertising agencies, she took over as CEO of Carat Interactive in 1997.
In 2001, she was appointed Chairman and CEO of Consodata North America, then in 2004 she became CEO of Aegis Media for France and Southern Europe.
Since 1 June 2010 she has been Chairman and CEO of Aufeminin.com and a professor at the Paris Institute of Political Studies.
Marie-Laure Sauty de Chalon has also been a member of the Competition Authority since 2014.
Biography of Ms. Leila Turner:
Leila Turner, 34, graduated from Sciences Po Paris and holds a Masters in International Relations from Columbia University in New York. She also studied at DEAC in Cairo and Georgetown University in Washington, DC.
Leila Turner joined FABERNOVEL in Paris in 2011 and helped launch the FABERNOVEL INSTITUTE, which supports large groups with business transformation by developing their leaders' culture and innovative practices.
As project director, she developed and tested new products and services, including, open data and corporate social media.
She later focused on business development for FABERNOVEL Paris. Leila Turner is currently CEO of FABERNOVEL INNOVATE and partner of of FABERNOVEL.
Biography of Ms. Bénédicte Hautefort:
Bénédicte Hautefort, 49, graduated from HEC and is founder of equityStories, a financial communications agency and Hebdo des AG, the leading online publication on corporate governance and investor relations news in Paris.
She previously worked as an auditor at Arthur Andersen and Chief Financial Officer at Péchiney, before setting up financial communications firm, InvestorSight, in 2003, and joining Havas Paris in 2011.
Bénédicte has also been a director and member of the audit committee for Groupe Flo since 2013.
Key figures for JCDecaux
- 2016 revenue: €3,393m
- JCDecaux is listed on the Eurolist of Euronext Paris and is part of the Euronext 100 and Euronext Family Business indexes
- JCDecaux is part of the FTSE4Good and Dow Jones Sustainability Europe indexes
- N°1 worldwide in street furniture (559,070 advertising panels)
- N°1 worldwide in transport advertising with more than 220 airports and 260 contracts in metros, buses, trains and tramways (354,680 advertising panels)
- N°1 in Europe for billboards (169,860 advertising panels)
- N°1 in outdoor advertising in Europe (721,130 advertising panels)
- N°1 in outdoor advertising in Asia-Pacific (219,310 advertising panels)
- N°1 in outdoor advertising in Latin America (70,680 advertising panels)
- N°1 in outdoor advertising in Africa (29,820 advertising panels)
- N°1 in outdoor advertising in the Middle-East (16,230 advertising panels)
- N°1 worldwide for self-service bike rental scheme: pioneer in eco-friendly mobility
- 1,117,890 advertising panels in more than 75 countries
- Present in 4,280 cities with more than 10,000 inhabitants
- Daily audience: more than 410 million people
- 13,030 employees